Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Motorcycle insurance is essential coverage for bike owners. After purchasing a motorcycle, taking it out for a ride is likely the first thing on your mind. However, taking precautions like acquiring a motorcycle insurance policy is necessary to protect you and your bike. The right policy can significantly reduce repair and recovery expenses following an accident on the road or in storage.
What Is Motorcycle Insurance?
Motorcycle insurance is a type of policy that covers incidents such as property damage and injuries if you are at fault for an accident. Motorcycle insurance is mandatory in Washington, and it works to protect motorcycle owners from paying high out-of-pocket costs after an accident.
How Motorcycle Insurance Works
Motorcycle insurance works like most insurance policies. In exchange for an insurance premium, your insurance provider will assist you by covering costs following an accident. Upon filing a claim, you will likely have to pay a deductible, which is a cost you must cover before your insurance policy steps in to pay for the remaining expenses.
What Motorcycle Insurance Covers
Motorcycle insurance varies depending on factors like your driving record and location, but a standard policy can include some of the following coverages:
- Liability coverage can help cover bodily injury and property damage that you may cause to other people if you are in an accident. This coverage is typically required in most states and may cover medical bills, lost wages and additional costs associated with repairing others’ damaged property.
- Collision coverage can help cover damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident. This does not include your deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage can help pay for damage caused by events other than collisions. This can include fire, theft or vandalism. Such coverage can help pay for the cost of damage minus your deductible and will not exceed the face value of your motorcycle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help pay for damage to you and your property if you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Covered costs typically include medical expenses and lost wages, among others.
- Optional equipment coverage can help cover additional or optional equipment on your motorcycle if you decide to customize it. These additions generally will not be covered under your comprehensive and collision coverage.
If you are a motorcycle owner near Auburn, Washington, contact South Sound Insurance, Inc. at 253-735-6747 to learn more about motorcycle insurance. We look forward to hearing from you.